<VV> Best oil

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat May 23 15:05:00 EDT 2009

Most opinions agree that if you use a high performance SL oil (usually sold
 as "High Mileage") WITHOUT the API starburst "energy saving" symbol you
will be OK.  Do not use SM oil except in an emergency because it doesn't
have the cam friendly additives.  Current DEXRON III transmission fluid is
fine.  I use a 30HD SL or a 40HD SL oil in summer.  I also use mostly
synthetic now, but regular oil is fine if you change it regularly.  Check  the VV
archives for references to past discussions.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
**************Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.