<VV> Carburetor Lisdexia

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sun May 24 12:31:33 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/23/2009 10:58:08 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
contactsmu at sbcglobal.net writes:

Are  these backward from each other or am I missing something?

Which idle  speed screw is set first?  Is the carb connected to the
cross  rod (with the throttle held full open at the cross rod)?

Stephen  U

Stephen, They are both saying the same thing. The difference is in the
tension being applied to the carb throttle arm. The shop manual is using the
cross-shaft spring tension to keep the throttle closed on the carb being
adjusted, while the Basics book is assuming the mechanic will be applying a
slight hand pressure to do the same. Either way should give the same results.
The Basics book allows more of an "adjustment feel" for the mechanic in my
opinion.
Regards,
Bob Helt
Steps!