<VV> turbocharger

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Mon May 25 09:41:17 EDT 2009

> So, they DO "need" the water for prolonged life?  How do you define  - need?
> Later, JR

I am most of the way thru building a "modern" efi turbo vair motor using a
water cooled ball bearing turbo. Convention wisdom is that you can get
away without water cooling a modern turbo designed to use water as a
cooling medium if you idle down at end of a run. I had planed to do that
but after talking to Garrett engineer, he suggested that I not do that
cause center section is lighter duty when water is available. Still think
if u were not racing, you possibly could do it but I am using a small
fuel cell, 12v pump, and a finned cooler in plenum to cool my GT series
Garrett ball bearing turbo.
Show pictures but VV won't allow. Will put some showing whole engine,
plenums, efi etc on fastvair soon.

regards,

frank