<VV> installing a dual MC in '65

aeroned at aol.com aeroned at aol.com
Thu May 28 14:40:42 EDT 2009

Keith,

I've done this a few times, using kits and over the counter MC from the FLAPS. This is a real easy install and well worth the extra safety IMO. The kit route is the easiest because it comes with prebent lines and the fittings needed. Basically, you remove the line to the rear brakes from the block under the dash (on the "firewall"). Then you drill a hole into the trunk near the single line to the MC. The rear line goes through the hole via a couple and a new line and finally to the MC. The kit has a plug for the stock block where the rear line was removed. There is also a new line to replace the existing line from the MC to the block.

Ned