<VV> installing a dual MC in '65

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Thu May 28 16:31:02 EDT 2009

John,
It is not really a proportioning valve like in the 1970s... it is more a
"junction block" and "pressure switch". The small switch that is in the block
is  an indicator if there is a loss of pressure, allowing the switch to
ground out  and light the warning light on the dash. It does not "regulate the
pressure  front to rear" as a proportioning valve would do.
So, if you want the brake warning light like the 67-69 have, get it... if
you don't care or can't find one, don't worry about it.
By the way, the fuel indicator out of a 67-69 fits perfect in a 65, as does
 the lens, so if you have all those parts, you can hook up the switch.
:-)
Been there, done that... and don't forget the parking brake switch is also
hooked up to that same light.
Later,
Lonzo

In a message dated 5/28/2009 3:25:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,