<VV> one more tire thing

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri May 29 16:51:59 EDT 2009

This tire slippage issue is interesting. I've seen this at extremes on a handicap mobility chair (cart) where the steel rim would actuall spin and the tire would just sit there. Many new auto tires have a small red circle on the sidewall were the installer is supposed to mount the tire with the red circle at the valve stem. I've noticed many a tire in parking lots where the red circle didn't line up with the stem. Wasn't sure it was sloppy installation or slippage. I'm beginning to think the later.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman garage and orphanage
Perryman, MD
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net