<VV> One More Tire Thing

Kenneth E Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Sun May 31 07:30:49 EDT 2009

Are you willing to put in a little extra effort for your new tires?

Put an old set of tires and wheels on your Corvair then take
the wheels you will be using to the tire store.  Have them
mount the new tires then take them home and stack them
up in the corner for a few weeks.  Then take them back to
the tire store for balancing and mounting on the car.  This
is not that inconvenient if you get the tires during the winter
lay up time.

Of course radial tires are never going to work out as well
as they could if they are on a Corvair.  To get the best
performance one would have to follow the lead of the car
manufacturers and 'radial tune' the Corvair's suspension.
Hey, well worth the effort if one has interest in performance.
And, it will end those pesky specific speed harmonics.
Ken P