<VV> Gas, Axles, 64 -Tilt!

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 1 02:33:25 EST 2009

What do I win?!!

> if you get my drift........

I'd rather pass ...

Seems that I have seen balance weights as described on GM half shafts --
don't recall if they were Vair, Vette, FWD, or Fiero, but I've seen
them.  Those are probably shafts that were not of high quality, and they
were trying to "save" them.

On the tilted 64, "if" the front engine mounts were bad, wouldn't you
need to remove the leaf spring first to check them?  Otherwise the
spring will hold the mounts up tight to the crossmember, and they may
"look" okay.  I do suppose a Salt Belt car could have problems with
which I am not familiar, and really, my heart goes out to you guys with
those salty problems.

Bill Strickland