<VV> convertible tops

David B. Neale david.neale3 at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 1 11:11:21 EST 2009

My '65 convertible lets in some water when it rains, and for the life of
me I cannot see where it is coming in. Tomorrow my son will be sitting
inside whilst I turn the hose upon it.

After a storm, I find water has taken up residence in the frame of the
top, and as I reverse it neatly drenches me.  Where it is coming in
presently mystifies me.

Does the convertible top on a Corvair require periodic waterproofing?  I
don't know whether the top is made from cotton, or vinyl.  Other forums
suggest that cotton tops do indeed need occasional waterproofing, but
that this is not the case with vinyl tops.

Can someone advise, please?  English rain can be pretty persistent and
unpredictable, (but is never far away).

Thanks,

David Neale

1965 Monza 140 HP 4-speed convertible with enhanced humidity feature