<VV> What in the World.....?

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 2 20:00:58 EST 2009

Jason Cesana wrote:

>And let me tell you the 60 automatic choke is no prize either.

That's for sure!  Having dealt with this back in the seventies, when I
was getting my current 1960 on the road, and it came time for the guts
in the air cleaner housing, I left them out, seeing no reason to further
complicate my life -- guys looking under the hood always seem to note
that I don't have those parts.  Well, I do have them, several complete
sets, some fully assembled, as well as extra correct manifolds with the
heat tubes. I just don't have any overwhelming urges to install them for
a car that stays in the garage and is only driven when I want to drive
it (the accelerator pumps work okay)-- guarantees that ithe choke won't
stick shut.  <grin>

Maybe I'll have to put the pieces in and leave out the plate, just to
give them something else to pick on, like the big (and non-stock) generator.

The warm air tube to the air horn, however, is installed and functional.

Bill Strickland