<VV> What in the World.....?

Jason Cesana jacesana1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 2 21:40:03 EST 2009

Mine works quite well when I stop fooling around with it trying to get it to
run better! I've never really had a problem cold starting. I've had quite a
few problems hot starting when the valve failed to open properly. Still for
what Chevy was doing it was quite innovative. We are talking about designs
started in the mid fifties. I think the real problem with the choke on the
60 was the lack of proper knowledge of the spring coil. If it got dirty or
clogged up it would not work properly. Simple cleaning would solve it (ask
me how I know that!). Also making sure the spring had not lost its tension
is part of the maintenance for the car. Even seasoned Corvair mechanics can
get tripped up by the 60 choke as they don't often see too many of them.
Jason