<VV> What in the World.....?

John Howell 32chevy at 0306.org
Tue Nov 3 20:04:17 EST 2009

My first Corvair was a 1961 Monza, 80 hp with manual choke and a three speed
manual transmission ( I would have rather had a 4sp ). I rate it as one of
the best cars that I have ever owned. I put a little over 140,000 miles on
it before I sold it, never had any problems with the manual choke the whole
time I had the car, it worked great !
I have had problems with the automatic chokes since !
I guess back in 1961 having a manual choke was no big deal, people were used
to having more control of their cars.

John