<VV> Decarbonizing

paul beck pbeck001 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 3 21:13:15 EST 2009

I worked for a number of years at a Chevy dealer, parts and service. It was fairly common pactice to decarbonize when we would get complaints of severe spark knock.
Sometimes  worked, sometimes it didn't . We would get the motor warmed up and then let the engine injest about 1/2 a quart or a little more of auto trans. fluid through the carb, slowly. Then pour the rest in quickly enough to stall the engine. Let it set for a couple of hours and then start it up. Strongly recommend this be done outside, with a good breeze. Mucho smoke, before and after. The trans. fluid really softens the carbon up and no damage.
That being said.....does anyone have a suggestion for mounting a different (disc brake upgrade) master cylinder. Is there something out there that can be cut off or oherwise modifed?
Thanks,
Paul Beck
1965 Monza Crown Conversion (back from paint !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Corsa
v8egistry
PCCA