<VV> Drive train fixture for floor jack

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Nov 6 10:28:17 EST 2009

Dave,

I would second all the other methods as well.  I have been using a  floor
jack and about 20 2x4 blocks of wood (from 4"  to 8" long) for  years.  You
can remove and add as you go to steady the drive  train.  I like Mark's idea
of bolting two on them to the drive train and  will try that next time.  I
use a wooden cradle as described by Finch in  "How to Keep Your Corvair
Alive" to move the package around (with heavy duty  casters).

I'm still planning to buy a metal fixture to replace the dish on my floor
jack, but haven't gotten around to it yet.  Just be safe.

Bob Hall