<VV> Operation Corvair Christmas Need help! (Teds Corvair to NJ)

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 8 18:11:22 EST 2009

Hello all,

I am attempting to move Ted Carlson 1966 Monza Coupe from Gulf Breeze Fla to the Bayshore Club in NJ
So far I am Trailering  the car to Chick Armour in Atlanta and he will trailer it on the next leg to approx 250 miles to NC (We still need a drop off point)
We need more volunteers and safe drop off points to get it to Teds son for Christmas.
Ted Pasted away in August and his Widow would like to give the car to their son Curt for Christmas.
the cost of Commercial Transport is not a doable solution at this time.
The car was originally Ted's Aunts who purchased it new in 1966. Curt Carlson would be the third generation to own the car if we can get it there.

The car runs well right now but it not driven more that 2 hrs away from home in the last few years so I would say no high speeds for an extended time just leisurely drives to the next drop off point.

Teds Wife can reimburse for gas if we can  volunteer  time get it from NC (Or approx 250 miles from Atlanta) to NJ
All we need is short trips toward New Jersey if we can find more people along the way.

If we can coordinate enough people to move it along the chain I will move it to Chucks house sometime the week of NOV 15th. Remember we have over a month to get it moved at this point.
The car needs to end up in Roy Buckridge's hands prior to Christmas.
Once delivered Roy will suggest to Curt that he recognize those who helped get the car to him by making a donation to Corsa but we will worry about that at a later date.

If this works out I would like to document the journey with pictures and names and submit an artilce to the Communique for a future issue.  (Anyone feel like writing?)

What do you say. Is the Corvair (CORSA) Community up for a challenge?

Mike Moyer
CorvanAntics Editor
1963 Corvair 95 84hp Powerglide 18K miles
1965 Greenbrier 110hp 4 Spd
1965 Monza Convertible 140hp 4spd 3:55 Posi AM/FM