<VV> Droopy turbo?

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 06:11:32 EST 2009

 Sounds like it ran without an oil change, and possibly moments without any oil at all! Turbos tolerate lack of oil pressure far less well than the engine does. That might explain why the bearing was so bad. When this happens, the bearings get chewed up, they don't seize like an engine would. Frozen turbos are almost invariably due to deposits or rust in the turbine housing wedging the wheel, rarely are they frozen in the bearing housing.

John Roberts