<VV> Palm Springs! A(nother) Success!

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Mon Nov 9 17:21:37 EST 2009

Didn't see any members of Vintage Corsa at the Fan Belt Toss?!?

Tim, you and I spoke to each other several times. There were about 8 of us
from Vintage there. Several of them won awards too.

As for 2008 not being a success, The goal of moving it to Orange County (I
was NOT a decision maker on that) was to give the Corvair more exposure to
the general public. There are constantly discussions here on VV about
getting more people interested in Corvairs. That goal was well accomplished
being part of the largest swap meet in So Cal and receiving a mention on the
local NBC 6:00 news and a small article in the Orange County Register. It
may not have been "Just like Palm Springs" but I feel it was a major success
in its own right. I agree that the grassy field made for a much better
event. However, I also don't think that moving the 'Toss for one year made
it a failure.

As for pictures of the event, I'm no photographer and don't take pictures.
However, I've got almost a Gig of pictures from the 2008 'Toss here on my
computer from others.

Dave Thompson

<SNIP>

The GWFBT of 2008 was NOT a success compared to all the years in Palm
Springs. I don't remember seeing any pics posted from that event. And I did
not see many members from Vintage Corsa in Palm Springs this year either.
How strange indeed.
<SNIP>