<VV> Operation Corvair Christmas (Ted's Crovair to NJ) Update stll need help

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 17:38:59 EST 2009

For those just picking up the thread the Car was purchased by Ted
Carlson's aunt in 1966 brand new. When she passed away it came to Ted,
Now with Ted's passing Ted's Wife Emily would like to get the Car to
Her son Curt in NJ. The car is presently in Gulf Breeze Fla (near Pensacola)

OK as of today.
My Father and I will trailer to Chuck Armour in Atlanta
Chuck will trailer to Spence Shepard in Matthews NC.
Spence will trailer to Earl Jones in Zebulon NC.
Earl can take the car as far as Fredricksburg Virginia.

Can anyone meet Earl for the next leg of the trip?

I have an offer from Paul Campbell that he would  drive it from Wilmington NC to NJ but that takes us many miles back south again and not really feasible. Plus It should make the drive but I am concerned since it has not been more that 2 hrs away from home in the last 5 years that I know of.

Bryan Blackwell offered a drop off point at his place near Washington DC if that will help

Joseph Paduano offered to help when we get it to NJ.

Emily Carlson can reimburse gas if that is a problem. Remember we have a month to get it there.
My end will start next week if I can get enough volunteers to pull this off.

Thank you to everyone for the offers and words of encouragement.

 Mike Moyer
CorvanAntics Editor
1963 Corvair 95 84hp Powerglide 23K miles
1965 Greenbrier 110hp 4 Spd
1965 Monza Convertible 140hp 4spd 3:55 Posi AM/FM