<VV> Washer Pump Anomaly

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 10:01:31 EST 2009

The washer pump on my 67 delivers properly upon a call for operation.
However, whenever JUST the wipers are operating, a very small of fluid (not
even enough to reach the windshield) is pumped. The small,  unwanted delivery
is in "beat" with what would occur if washer operation  was being requested.
I've removed the washer assembly cover and confirmed the  activation lever,
during the washer off cycle, is NOT in contact with the  prawl (sp?) wheel.
Likewise, I cannot see the flat, slotted, vertical  pump shaft moving. Not
a major issue, but I'd prefer to not be losing washer  fluid whenever the
wipers are operation. 1) Ideas to fix? Or, 2)perhaps I should  sidestep the
General's Rube Goldberg washer mechanism, and  upgrade to modern, small
electric motor/pump assembly? I've done this with the  Greenbrier; has anyone done
so with a late model... if so, mfg & PN of  kit used? TKS...

Mike Mauro