<VV> Veteran's Day---Corvair Content--- answers, comments, and I didn't make it in the Corvair...

lonzovair at aol.com lonzovair at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 15:07:41 EST 2009

Ken,
Yes, when I joined the Army in 1985 I was 6' 6" and weighed all of 225... Over the last 24 years I've gotten considerably bigger, but not any taller. They DO make skinny uniforms for tall people...
:-)

Rick,
 I just got my AAS in May in the "drafting & design" field... so far the boss is very happy with what he's seen me do. I'm happy that he's happy. He had some concerns about hiring someone who knew less than squat about construction, but I told him "tell me how it's supposed to look, and I can do it!"... so far, so good. Good luck on finding a job... seems like someone with your experience whould be a shoe in... try Monster.com, seriously... and best of luck...

JR,
I was about 40 miles from home when the bolt snapped that holds the rear leafspring to the lower control arm... I was going about 75 MPH, and now there's about a 1/4 inch of metal missing from the end of the leaf spring... this is the second time this bolt has snapped... (yes, it is a different bolt, but the same side)... I was able to drive it to Cheryl's work and grab her vehicle. I'm in Northern Ky now, but getting ready to drive back so Cheryl can drive home... what would make this bolt snap twice??? I might be in need of another leaf spring... anyone have one somewhat inexpensive??? I'm almost ready to put 63 rear springs on that car... I still have to drive the Corvair home, about 30 miles... It just bugs me that it's doing this...
I'm halfway tempted to yank out the engine and tranny and stick it in the 61 Greenbrier... (it's the one with the 1969 engine, tranny & diff)...
Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, ideas... and maybe a new leaf spring...
Later,
Lonzo... on my way back home from N-KY...