<VV> Corvairs thru Darien gap

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 11 18:17:37 EST 2009

  Bruce:

  I think Allen LaDriere sheds light on that attempt when he states:

  Around 8:00 p.m., the banquet got underway, wrapping up at 9:30 with the
  showing on two very entertaining films from GM on the Corvair. These films
  were following 3 Corvairs traveling from Chicago to Panama, using the
  Panamanian Highway to its end. Of course, at the end of the "Highway,"
  lies the Darien Gap, which consists of rivers, lakes, mud, and very rough
  terrain; but most of all, very thick jungle. Did this stop our Corvairs? Heck no!
  Naturally by the time the Corvairs made it through the Gap into South America,
  they were not worth more than the amount of scrap metal they contained...
  Source:

  http://www.corvairalley.com/Windmill%20Num.%202.htm

  I think the naive public perception of a successful attempt, may have envisioned
  a Corvair doing wheelies while the driver yells yee-hawww...

  If you think the moon landings are doubted by the benighted, take a look at these
  folks :))

  http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djublonskopf/Flatearthsociety.htm

  Regards,

  Tony I.