<VV> front suspension rework from early to late question

DON W HILTPOLD JR igotstuff at msn.com
Fri Nov 13 09:13:12 EST 2009

I am in the process of building a mid engine sbc V8 and I have modified the rear suspension ( I only have to look into a spring set up for the weight difference ). I;m running FC axles and a modified Buick disc brake hub as a spacer. My main question is about the front suspension, can I swap out the upper & lower control arms with late model parts or can I remove the entire front suspension piece and replace with late? Is there a difference as to how the steering may be affected? I have a late model suspension unit that I can rebuild and replace with new springs for the weight change, currently working on clutch set up and shifter linkage, once that is completed I will start work on the front end. Any suggestion on the issue presented.
Thank you  for any all ideas.