<VV> 65' Corsa coupe-part out or sell whole?

Ray Rodriguez III ravensong13 at verizon.net
Mon Nov 16 21:53:09 EST 2009

Hello guys,

Sorry for my hiatus, I've been in the process of changing internet providers and I also haven't been home much.

I think I have decided to sell or part out my 65' Corsa 140/4 coupe.  Lots of details follow and photos will be available if you catch me the next few days.  Please send advice on selling or offers for the whole project or individual parts.  The Drivetrain should be the highest value item I guess... a complete 66 140/4 setup that runs well and doesnt need a rebuild.

Here is what I've got:  The car is a 65' Corsa 140 coupe

Engine:  66' Corsa 140' engine.  Rebuilt relatively recently, no leaky o-rings etc.  Nice solid smooth running engine with good clutch etc.  I have driven this engine almost $2,000 miles in the past couple of months.  It is currently not in a car.  Shrouds should be repainted, I will likely do this before I sell it.

Carbs:  set of four correct 66' Corsa carbs (2 primary and 2 secondary).  Primaries work fine, secondaries need rebuild so the linkage is set up to keep their throttles closed.  This is how it was when I got it and it runs well... obviously rebuilding and enabling the secondaries would give a nice boost of power.

Trans/diff:  66' Corsa 4 speed.  I believe this is a posi diff unit (will check it out in the next couple days).  Not sure of the ratio, couldnt find the markings.  This is in the car and I drove it home several years ago about 150 miles, trans felt great at that time.

Body:  Currently in primer and under construction.  Clean PA title,  VIN shows 1965 140hp CORSA, original color was dark metallic green, uncertain what original interior color was.  You may want to strip the body to metal or just build on what is there.  I have sandblasted out the bad spots on the body but most of the old paint is just primed over.

This Corsa body has very good floors, rockers etc.  The bottoms of the fenders and rear bottoms of quarters need to be patched.  There was a fitch roof on the car and removing it left rivet holes and some rust damage which has been sandblasted but not yet repaired in any way.  The worst of the damage is on top of the quarters and it is pretty easily fixable, I can provide photos.  The rest of the body is in pretty good shape.. there was an old minor fender bender repair on the left front corner... I took it down to metal so it needs to be skimmed back over.  The trunk floor is rotted badly, I would use the patch panel available from vendors to fix it.  It has a hole near the bottom driver door hinge (in the body).. the usual spot... it has been sandblasted but not fixed.

The front and rear glass are out.  I cleaned and painted with POR-15.  The windshield channel (front) had some rust holes which I patched with fiberglass over the POR-15, then hit with POR-15 again.  Also we cut out the metal from between the headlights to install a grill,  the metal that was cut out is still there and straight, it could easily be welded back in by a skilled tech... all thats missing is the blade width of metal that was cut away.  Overall this body is a good start for a project... its very solid other then the few trouble spots.

Interior:  Interior is taken apart.  floors etc. are excellent.  The carpet is black and a bit rough, no headliner (but the headliner supports are there),  have good black dash pad, good black door panels, good black quarter panels etc.  The rear seat is aged white vinyl and should be recovered.  I don't have front seats at all for the car at this time, was gonna get some from the Corvair Ranch.  Dash trim needs new crinkle paint etc.  I have the original Corsa guage cluster.  I dont have the cardboard panel for the rear package tray.

Trim:  I have good stainless trim for the rain gutters, front and rear glass etc.  I do not have the rear cove stainless trim or wheel arch trim.  I think I have the rocker trim but not sure.  The front bumper I have is either decent or restorable with guards on it, the rear bumper is shot (a hole rusted through it and bent up).  I have most or all of the correct original badges in unrestored condition.  All locks work and keys match etc.  I do not have a correct steering wheel, but easily available through corvair ranch.

The only other major items missing are the windshield (it was broken), and the car needs weatherstripping (estimated about $215.00 cost).

I could throw most of the interior together, install the engine, get a used windshield and front seats, install weatherstrips and sell it as a driveable Corsa with a great drivetrain that just needs some body/interior work and paint... but I'm not sure It'll be worth it at todays vair prices.. what do you think?

Thanks guys! , send ideas or make offers!

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 hot rodded coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe project car (for sale or parts?)