<VV> original quick steering box price check please

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 14:16:56 EST 2009

 Assuming it's a late '65, with the shaft length that is primarily found in '66's and that the box is in good usable condition... I've seen prices range from 400 to 600. With the factory correct quick arms, add another 200. The factory arms seem more in demand than the box lately.
 The crux is that Flaming River makes an aftermarket repro that serves the same general function and is priced 300 to 400 depending on where you buy it. The Flaming River box looks nothing like the stock box and certain minor mods need to be made to make it fit '65's and '66's. I have heard that they feel a little more loose than a good factory box, but I have not played with one to find out for myself. I do know several people personally, who have pulled FR boxes and reinstalled factory boxes.
 Personally - I think a QSB is the best option ever made for a Corvair, and I have it in all of my cars. I have several spare boxes, but I would not sell them for anything less than ridiculous, as they can be hard to come by at times.

 Mike
 YS-117