<VV> Stabilisation of the rear wheels when drivetrain is removed

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Thu Nov 19 11:40:44 EST 2009

Sorry about that Daniel. When I re-read your inquiry, I realized that you had mentioned the entire drivetrain was out.

You might employ a used, small boat-trailer axle, with forward struts replacing the trailing arms and vertical tubes replacing the springs, to keep it simple.

A complete drivetrain overhaul should include servicing the trailing arms, brakes and bearings anyway, so those would be off the car too.

Mel