<VV> Part needed

Christopher Ziebell vairchris at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:01:50 EST 2009

I had a part break on my 1965 convert.  You can see it at
http://home.rr.com/cziebell ...

The smaller positive battery cable goes to one post, and the other post is
occupied by a couple of wires... one from the wiring harness and the other
from the firewall.  I think this is either a relay or a circuit breaker.  It
has 40A stamped on it.

The Clark's catalog seems to have a part for this location, but the sketch
in the catalog looks nothing like this part.  It appears to have only one
screw that holds it in place, where my part has 2.

I found very similar looking parts at FLAPS.  They are 40 amp circuit
breakers.  But they don't bold up the same, and I'm not thrilled about
drilling holes.  Also, I'm not sure this is supposed to be a circuit
breaker, as a relay of some kind might also make sense.

So, does anyone know what this is and where I might get it?

Thanks

Chris