<VV> Clutch Pilot Bushing Question

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Sun Nov 22 22:05:04 EST 2009

The mechanic I stared working for in 1970 always used wheel bearing grease
on pilot bushings.  We had no come backs or problems I'm aware of.  I leaned
in the 90's they should be lubed with oil, and have done many using oil and
again I've never had any issues.  They are OILLITE bushings which leads me
to believe they were designed to use oil as a lubricant.  I try to have one
in a baby food jar full of oil on the shelf.  If not I use the geek method
Ned describes below.  I learned the geek Ned method from Steve Goodman who
has been working on Corvairs since day one (1959).

dp