<VV> Clutch Pilot Bushing Question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:49:29 EST 2009

The whole point is that the oillite bushing when warm does weep enough
lubricant to prevent fast wear. The high temp lubricant I used is a aircraft
quality grease that will still be lubricating when I take the thing apart in
80K miles or so. Its designed use is in high heat magneto bearings on
aircraft engines. Oillite bearings come prelubed, also, so they too are
designed to last the life of a clutch job and preoiling helps prevent
galling on that first startup until the bearing is warm and weeps oil on its
own.
Mark Durham