<VV> Clutch Pilot Bushing Question

vpersh at netzero.com vpersh at netzero.com
Mon Nov 23 17:31:14 EST 2009

I have always taken some engine oil and heated it up in a small pan and then dropped the pilot bushing in. It's fun to watch the air bubbles come out of the bushing! Never had a problem.
The last bushing I bought (and installed just last Saturday) didn't look like a typical oilite bushing. I appeared to have been machined out of solid brass. You could tell it was machined and not "cast". Are the oilites even available anymore?