<VV> Fuel tank sending unit issue

charles mckinley cmckinley313 at cox.net
Mon Nov 23 18:57:15 EST 2009

I'll second that. I've been through three sending units, all supposedly
stock, and none of them read the same for corresponding tank levels. The
first two had nominally 40-ohm resistance for full tank, the last one is
90-ohms.  As the gas gauge is basically nothing more than an ohm-meter,
you need to get used to whatever it says, especially near empty! Mine
now reads about 1/8 full when there's 2.5 gallons in it. That's good
enough for me.

Chuck McKinley
'63 Monza 900