<VV> CNG Vehicles (no corvair)

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Tue Nov 24 05:54:17 EST 2009

I guess if I did, I'd know what "CNG" is ? ... ggg
  Compressed Natural Gas  @ 2500 psi for cars...

vs  LNG   Liquidfied NG   no pressure.. frozen  - 260F!     but when it
thaws..it expands...  600 to 1  ratio!

And you missed some of the other little "attributes" of LNG, like shock
sensitivity, tendency to spontaneously detonate, and general instability.
Methane is one of those strange materials that gets progressively UNSTABLE
as a cryogenic liquid.  When I was at Air Products, the failure analysis of
a "problem" with 5-flask LNG carrier gave a yield about the same as a
tactical nuclear device!  Ask anyone alive and living in Cleveland, Ohio in
1944 just how much "fun" LNG is, and why you don't want ANY of it driving
around a neighborhood near you!