<VV> Clutch Pilot Bushing Question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 24 14:43:34 EST 2009

>The last bushing I bought didn't look like a typical oilite bushing. It appeared to have been machined out of solid brass. You could tell it was machined and not "cast".

This is sort of the question I originally asked concerning the oem
bushings I have. Were they perhaps machined Oilite or a similar
material?  Where did you get this bushing, specifically, and what was
the part number?

I did not ask about 'How to Oil an Oil-ite Bushing', if anyone is
wondering, but the topic sorta got off on that track.

So, did you drop your machined looking bushing into hot oil?  Did it bubble?

Bill Strickland