<VV> 1960 authenticity/Grubser has it pegged

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Wed Nov 25 23:22:26 EST 2009

If all these '60 details check out, perhaps a previous owner simply had some
body repair work done
and they just grafted a '61 front panel or used '61 front clip into
position. Check inside the trunk
for non-original spot welds.

My '65 Monza came to me with that sort of situation, very poor grafting of a
used front clip,
to repair an accident that had wrinkled the front floor and bent the left
frame horn. The left front fender
had been grafted at the middle of the wheel opening, perhaps to avoid having
to weld in the fuel-filler area.

Mel Francis