<VV> Surging

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Nov 26 00:09:47 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/25/2009 8:45:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
62vair at gmail.com writes:

So, it  sounds like a bad valve guide allowing the valve to move around
giving  different readings?
Am I on the right track? Not that I want to pull the  heads and do them. Its
a 47 year old engine and pulling just the heads is  not a option. :(:(

Thanks for the other suggestions, guys, I will  definitely check the advance
and try to set the canister.
Mark  Durham

Mark - If you think the low compression on Cylinder #1 is causing a pulsing
 in the passengers side carb feed to the vacuum advance, try plugging that
side  and connecting a longer hose to the drivers side feed. It might be a
little  better damped - and costs you almost nothing.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette