<VV> 1960 authenticity/Grubser has it pegged

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Thu Nov 26 00:27:58 EST 2009

At 10:31 PM 11/25/2009, HallGrenn at aol.com wrote:

>Grubser has the differences I would check.  You'd have to be  really
>strange to change all these items to try to make the car a
>'60.  For  instance,
>the engine could have been switched, but no one is going to cut out a  hole
>for the battery box to move it to the passenger side like the '60.

The battery box didn't require a hole like the '61 and up cars.

In fact, there was no "hole" in the '60 fender well at all on either
side, just a slight notch in the RR well to make room for the battery
tray which is another tip-off because since the spare in '60 was in
the trunk, there's no BIG hole in the RR fender well to accommodate
the spare.

>Wheels,
>hubcaps could be iffy, but Fisher Body did the changes not someone on  the
>final assembly line.

Yep, assy lines wouldn't have changed any of the sheet metal since it
all came from Fisher Body "pre-assembled" and it's the body sheet
metal that makes the '60 what it is, not add-ons.

tony..