<VV> Thanksgiving Travel Adventure

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Nov 26 07:10:09 EST 2009

This is great, Bob ... If I see them I will try to get them turned around ... Ken from Michigan ;-))

***********************************

Vairtec Corporation <Vairtec at optonline.net> wrote:

Recently, I sold some parts on eBay.  One of them sold to a fellow from
Brooklyn, New York, who inquired as to whether he could pick it up at my
New Jersey home today while traveling to his family's home for
Thanksgiving.  I said certainly.

Well, as it turns out, he is traveling from his home in Brooklyn to his
family's home near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a distance of over 375
miles.  And he is doing so in his 1966 Monza convertible.  Which he
purchased only recently, also on eBay.  He is traveling with his
girlfriend -- their first road trip together.

Aah, youth.

The weather is cold and wet and miserable today, but they completed the
first leg of their journey, from Brooklyn to me, right on time and
without incident.  A few minutes ago I watched as they departed
westward.  Their route will be I-78 west to I-81 south the to
Pennsylvania Turnpike west.  Pennsylvanians, if you see a white 1966
Monza convertible with a black top heading west today, given Kurt and
JoLynn a wave and encouragement.

Happy Thanksgiving!

--Bob