<VV> Secret VIN

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Nov 26 09:09:01 EST 2009

I've got an LA car, and the way it got here was through the contributions of
VV members back in 2002.  Those members won't ever be forgotten.

I will have to open a photobucket or some other account so all can see the
pictures of the body repair.

     After about 120 hours of grinding, sanding, blasting,  "Heatin' and
beatin" with dollys,  welding, removal of about 3 large cans of Bondo,
Cutting out parts of 4 panels, some refabbed to produce the original body
line and replaced) welding in all the holes that were left from previous
repairs that were just slapped with mud....all that needs to be done is to
cut a front panel from a donor car  (between the headlights) and weld it in.
Then we can do a skim coat of filler (in 32nds of an inch, not inches),
block sand and prime it.

God only knows with a car this old who did  the body work, but who ever did
it knew little about body repair, and is probably a Bondo sculptor.  Must
have belonged at some point to a volunteer fireman, as there was the big
area in the rear fender for a whip antenna, and 2 holes in the roof that
were spaced for a light bar. (sheet metal tacked into the roof inside,
outside---you guessed it ---covered with Bondo).

Rest day today!

Hank