<VV> Authenticity question about a 1960 Corvair?

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 26 09:23:26 EST 2009

GM didn't change the '60 model's air cleaner OR its front end. So with just
what you have stated and without any other indicators to go by, I'd say
it's a '61.

It could be a case similar to the one I found once. The car was a '68
Corvair, but the title said it was a '67. It was such an early-production
car, and sold as soon as it came in, that the registrar who typed the title
from the MSO typed "1967" as a force of habit no doubt, instead of the real
year. Problem is, how do you get that kind of error corrected, particularly
once it's a few years old?

-Mark

but it has the front end of a 61.  It also has the dual air cleaners
instead of the one centrally located one that I am familiar with in 1960
models.  The seller insists it is original and explained that Chevy changed
the Corvair toward the end of the 1960 model year to the 61 style.  Is this
true or totla hogwash????  Thanks.