<VV> Corvairs Titled With the Wrong Year

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Thu Nov 26 11:08:42 EST 2009

Hi Everyone!

It is not unusual to find a Corvair titled with the wrong year. I bought a
1967 Yenko Stinger (YS108) in the late 70's from the original owner and
found that it was titled as a 1968 model! The new car had sat filthy and
unsold on the back row of V.V.Cooke Chevrolet's used car lot in Louisville
for more than a year before it finally sold in 1968. As an interested 18
year-old I had looked at it often before it finally sold but I couldn't
afford the around $4,000 asking price. When I finally tracked the Yenko down
and bought it years later (for $650) I saw that it was incorrectly titled as
a 1968 model. When I went to the court house to license it, I pointed out
the problem to the clerk and she changed the year on the title without any
problem. I doubt if it would be so easy these days but it wasn't a big deal
back then.

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

65 Monza Spyder