<VV> Festooned SW.

Dave Thompson dave.thompson at verizon.net
Sat Nov 28 00:51:44 EST 2009

Smitty and others,
I for one think your wagon is COOL!

Since people are being picky, I would have chosen another color. You may say
the same thing about my Dodge Viper yellow 63 Spyder. However, that's the
glory of our hobby. Everyone gets to build / restore their vehicles the way
THEY want, to meet THEIR taste.

The other day I went to a show & shine. There were a bunch of low riders
there. I don't personally care for that style of customization. The thing
is, it was THEIR style. As I admired them, I looked for the craftsmanship
and execution of what they were trying to accomplish and appreciated them as
they were, not as I wished they were or how I would have done it. I also
made a point to complement the owners.

Not all of us have money growing on trees, unlimited mechanical, body or
paint skills. We all do what is within our personal means.

I like to enjoy and embrace the things that are different in life. I may not
like it for ME but they make the owners proud and happy. I may not want to
marry someone of a different color or belief system or background, but I
enjoy having these people in my life and ma honored to be able to call them
my friends. I am enriched by the differences in the world and they make me
feel more fulfilled. That's what makes the world go 'round.

Wouldn't life be boring if all cars were the same color and only one style?
The same goes with people.

Stepping off the soap box,

Dave Thompson