<VV> 64 Wagon

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Sat Nov 28 07:40:04 EST 2009

Hi Guys!

All this talk of 64 wagons reminds me of the '64 Spyder" wagon that I built
back in the mid '70's. It had all of the 64 Spyder trim and emblems and a
very nice 64 4-door black interior. It had an original 64 wood wheel, Spyder
dash, ventshades, gas door guard, wire wheel covers, bumper guards, clock,
tissue dispenser, floor mats and every other factory option or accessory you
could think of. It had a rebuilt 140 with custom made air cleaners and
extractor exhaust. I had Earl Sheib paint it Electric blue and it sure
looked sharp! Unfortunately, I did nothing to the suspension system except
add heavy duty adjustable shocks. I only autocrossed it once and it was,
without a doubt, the most evil handling Corvair that I have ever known! I
ended up selling the car and lost track of it until a few years ago when I
found it in the back lot of a local repair shop. It is in very sad shape and
the Earl Sheib paint has mostly just disappeared, like it was never there!
Boy, I didn't get my $29.95 worth!

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

65 Monza Spyder