<VV> A mere pittance ...

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Nov 28 11:28:28 EST 2009

32 to 41K---Very possibly the dollar amount in the car, especially if all
the NOS trim, etc checked out.  But not what a seller should expect to get.
I've seen some sell at 18-20K, for near perfect restos, stock or not---but
20K is a long ways from 32K.

You never get out of selling a restored car what you have in it, especially
if you're one of those scrubs who has money by the trash barrel to burn, and
dumps their car at a resto shop and picks it up when it's done. And not just
in dollars.  There's part of your heart and soul in a car you've rebuilt
from scratch.  I've long ago lost count of the dollars I have in mine, but
after the paint, stripping and interior, it would be safe to say about
13-14K.   And it's not for sale----neither is the Rampy.

as an example I've seen nice Rampy's going above 16K, but Jay Leno put about
40K into his.  He could have started with a better Rampy---the one they
restored sat near the beach for a long time----certainly not a "rust free CA
Truck".

Best part about a Corvair,  there isn't another car in the market place that
can be restored so inexpensively.  In weatherstripping alone, a 46-48
Cadillac Convertible will set you back around 3800.00   And you can fully
rebuild a Corvair engine and transaxle for less than that.

David--It IS a nice looking car---thanks for the link
Hank