<VV> Pan Gasket

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 29 18:49:51 EST 2009

Yes, be sure the stock pan is straight - especially around the bolt holes
where they tend to get stressed.  You might also want to use slightly longer
(1/8th to 1/4 inch ) bolts with a washer under them in order to "spread the
load" a bit.

I noticed folks mentioned rubber gaskets.  I've never used them.  And cork
gaskets - which I've used.  Over time, my experience is the cork ones will
begin to leak, you tighten the bolts - this happens a few times and the cork
starts to flatten at the bolts and squish out from between the bolts.  This
is also how the pan gets stressed at the bolt holes.

As you saw from VV, opinions differ on this question.

Later, JR