<VV> LM body water flow venting

taruffi57 at aol.com taruffi57 at aol.com
Mon Nov 30 22:28:53 EST 2009

On my '69 coupe, I have flushed water through where I have obviously
removed the plastic front side vent panels.  While running water (front end
elevated and rear rubber plugs pulled), I noticed that water was coming out a
small hole right in the 90 degree joint of the body front door sill.  In
other words, when you open the door and look down below the lower hinge  -
actually this is right at the top of the rocker panel area and water would  run
out to the outside of the car.  Is this small opening supposed to be  there
to help vent out water?  There is no rust evident on the outside of  the
sheet metal in that area but I suppose it could have rusted through from the
inside.  Water comes out both sides and the holes appear to be same size -
although they are quite small.  I need to know if I should tell my
bodywork/paint guy to weld up these holes.

Thanks for any info.

Joe Dunlap
Lady Lake, Fl.
'64 Monza convert, auto, Factory A/C
'69 500 coupe, 140+, 4 speed (Hooligan) - a Frog being turned into a
Prince)