<VV> Work, Work, Work

The Reinharts jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Thu Oct 1 18:12:05 EDT 2009

All, As if it wasn't enough to get the Loadside on the road, Plan the 50th Birthday party - Fall Tour, and deal with CORSA board business, I now am disassembling my 66 convt. to go to the body shop. During Cresco's yearly car show last weekend my bodyman approached me and said he would be ready for the car in a week. SO... I have been burning the midnight oil to get the car apart. I now have almost all the brightwork removed along with all the interior. I am going to continue the dissassembly tonight and tomorrow night and then pull the drive train on Sunday night or Monday after I get back from the Fall tour. Hopefully the body will be completed by March so I can get a new top put on and get the car reassembled before the 2010 Convention on June 21st. I am going to leave the 43,000 mile Monza fairly stock except for two things. I am going to have the cove area painted Argent Silver, because I like the look, and I am installing a Corsa dash. I like gauges. I have found a couple interesting things during the disassembly. I found a business sized card with two names and numbers on it, stating a medium red bucket interior, which is what the car has. Dated Feb. and March.  And I found the line sheet under the carpet in front of the rear seat. It was laying partially on the seam sealer so most of it is stained and unreadable. The dash is dated March 15th 1966. The car was delivered March 30th 1966 per the protecto plate. I have asked the son of the original owner to find out if his dad ordered or got it off the lot. The car was purchased new in Cresco and must have come straight from Willow Run to here. More later.

Jamie
1961 Loadside
1966 Monza Convt.
1969 Monza Coupe