<VV> Another (shorter) Corvair 50th Anniversary Odyssey

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 22:19:35 EDT 2009

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the release of the Corvair, which was 4
months after I was born, I took my two boys (7 & 9) out for a late-night
ride. They had a blanket on with the top down, back heater vent going
full-blast under the blanket, as it's 48F here. The comment I loved most
from the back seat was "listen to that baby purr" from Milo, my 9-yr-old.
He's begging me to never sell this car. I think he has designs on it for six
years from now.
Happy Birthday Corvair, as I infect yet another generation with a smile on
my face . . .
Jay Pitchford
Kid Magnet 65 Corsa Vert
Columbus OH