<VV> archer kit CDI?

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 12:16:05 EDT 2009

Found via Google:

" CDI is short for capacitive discharge ignition. It was an early form of
electronic ignition, could use any type of trigger (points, optical,
magnetic, or?) The premise was that the CDI would save up a bunch of energy
during the time the points were closed, then release a VERY short burst of
mega-kilo-ton energy to the coil when the points opened. This produced a
very short duration spark capable of very high voltage (any ignition system
will only develop the voltage required to spark, not the maximim it's
capable of) They were especially useful in firing plugs that had a tendency
to foul like 2 strokes or old engines with oil control problems. The short
spark duration in general did not cause coil overheating due to it's short
duration. '

Jay Pitchford
Corsa Vert 140/4
CORSA, Mid OH Vair Force