<VV> Tire Pressures - stock sizes

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 3 23:09:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

My '65 Vert has stock wheels.  Other than autocross use - in other words -
for street use, putting the pressures at 26 and 36 on modern tires - gives a
"basketball effect" in my opinion.  Yes, I do have an air dam under the
bumper.  The effect I mention is most pronounced on concrete roads which
have expansion joints at more or less regular intervals, but it can occur on
most any road.

I typically keep the vert at 22 or 24 front (depending on trunk load) and 32
rear.  Give those numbers a try on your radials and let us know what you
think.  I'm actually (currently) thinking of dropping - for a test - those
numbers by a PSI or two.

I'm NOT trying to start a thread on this.  Most of us on VV have been
through that before.

BTW... I was there today.  Sorry that I did not get a chance to meet you.

Later, JR