<VV> ROLL CALL? What did you drive?

Lawrence Jahn jahn1958 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 4 20:09:35 EDT 2009

I drove my 63 Spyder vert 182 miles on the 3rd and 4th. I drove to Watseka Harvest car show on Saturday. Cold and a light mist. Placed in the top 25. The day was very uncomfortable and I  had to clean the car Saturday night to prepare for the Newport, IN hill climb on Sunday.

I was pre-registered for the Hill Climb Show and arrived at 10:30 in the morning to find out that all the spaces were taken. They did assign me a number to judge my car. There were more than 800 cars for the event. I was in a class from 1960-75. A very nice AMX, rare 57 Studebaker, and Mustang won that class. I placed in that class in 2007. I counted 5 Vairs at the show. A Rampy won the truck division, and a young man from Circle City Corvair won his class with a very nice green Corsa Coup.  It is a great event to watch Model T's and A's run up that long steep hill.

Lawrence Jahn
Original Owner o 63 Spyder Convertible
http://community.webshots.com/user/ljahn63