<VV> Happy Birthday!!

AeroNed at aol.com AeroNed at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 23:29:47 EDT 2009

We had a great birthday party  all weekend in Wichita Kansas.

We started the festivities with  the unveiling of a "new" 1960 sedan
(thanks to Marvin Luke of Tulsa, OK!). My  daughter, Katie, was our "car model"
and her version of "the boy," Cody, was our  "GM representative." We also sang
Happy Birthday to the car. The kids did a  great job. We followed that up
with a great VC race. My youngest daughter,  Shannon, finished third. We
wrapped up the evening with some great birthday  cake.

Saturday we had a car show and  concours. Don Wagoner from KC was the
concours chairman, we only have the best.  We had 44 Corvairs and every year
except 1968 and just missed a Greenbriar  model. Mike Dawson gave a great Tech
Session on Corvair electrical system tips.  The afternoon was time for the
drag race, a sloooooow drag. We set up two  classes, manuals and automatics,
with about ten cars in each class. The best  thing about the slow drag is
seeing the number of people that can actually fit  in a Corvair and where you
can put them. The Rampsides must have had 10 people  in the beds. What other
moving event can have trash talk and taunting DURING the  runs?

The banquet was catered by our  own Sam Kuns, who uses nothing but FCs in
his catering fleet. Sam put out a  great spread of roast beef and chicken
with plenty of fixins. I don't think  anyone left hungry.

We had great weather, sunny,  cool and dry, all weekend. I hope everyone
had as much fun as I did. We'll be  doing it all again next year in Tulsa!

Ned